Hey how’s it going?
I’m sitting here at home watching the sunrise, listening to Pink Floyd and drinking coffee through a steel straw. (more on that below).
Sunrise, Friday Nov 13th, Hollywood, California
This week I wanted to share a few things I’m doing that I thought you might enjoy. Feel free to steal them all.
Here are 5 things I’ve been up to lately.
- Music. For the last few weeks I’ve been listening to Pink Floyd on repeat. I’ve always known the band, but never took the time to really sit down and let it sink in. I read a book about Syd Barrett, the guy who put the band together and then lost his mind and that led me to watching a documentary on Youtube. Then I did a deep dive into the music. Now that I’ve spent some time with the music, they’re in my top 5 all time favorites and in my opinion one of the best ever. I’m pretty sure David Gilmour is one of the greatest guitarists AND singers of all time. I only wish he and Roger could get along. Because together they create something that they cannot create alone. If you’re interested, some good albums to start with are Animals, The Dark Side of The Moon and Wish You Were Here.
- Books. Right now I’m reading The One Thing, by Gary W. Keller and Jay Papasan. This book was recommended to me so many times that I finally gave in and checked it out. I’m only 1/4 of the way through it and right now I’m not sure if I’ll finish it because the main concept is so simple. Instead of focusing on several things, focus on One Thing. I’ll continue reading to see if it goes into more detail but other than that it’s a great concept and one that I’ve already been using for a long time. If you’ve ever tuned into one of my Periscopes you’ll know that I repeatedly tell everyone to choose one goal for the week and then do One Thing per day to work towards it. Simple yet powerful.
- Two New Toys. I have two new toys that I love. First is the Ninja Pulse Blender. I saw this thing being used by several fitness channels on Youtube so I decided to get one from Amazon ($60). After using the Ninja Pulse Blender once I threw my old blender away. Great for smoothies, chopping up cauliflower for cauliflower rice and making post-workout shakes. The second thing are these Sipwell stainless steel straws. I drink tons of coffee and Monster Zero energy drinks which aren’t great for your teeth. So I switched to using plastic straws. Problem is that plastic straws melt in hot coffee. To solve the problem I grabbed a set of stainless steel straws for $8 and problem solved.
- Podcast. If you told me I could only listen to one podcast, it would definitely be the Tim Ferriss Podcast. Two great ones that came out recently are his interview with Casey Neistat (Film maker, Youtube master) and Dom D’Agostino (Fasting, Ketosis and The End of Cancer). Fascinating stuff, you may want to check it out.
- Instagram Music. I’ve been playing around with music on Instagram lately. Every morning I wake up and play guitar. Most days something really cool happens and then I move on with my day and forget it. Now I’m recording a 15-second snippet of the ideas and posting them on my IG feed. This way I’ll have a record of the old ideas that I can go back to when it’s time to sit down and record something. It’s been cool so far and I’ve connected with several other musicians from all over the world who are doing the same thing. There are some really talented people posting stuff from their bedrooms. It’s better than radio. Click here to check out my feed.
That’s my list. Now let’s talk about you.
What have you been up to? Any new cool books, gadgets or music that you’d like to share? Share what you’ve been up to in the comments below and I’ll follow up with you there.
Thanks for reading and have a great week.
See you in the future,